Monday, March 4, 2013

So why blog? And good advice

Because why not! From what I hear, these next 8 months are going to go by ridiculously fast.  Hopefully this blog will be able to capture part of the craziness so that one day I'll be able to recall and share what went on. Also I'd like to be able to share this experience with all of you who take the time to check up on us.

Good advice: So since last Friday I've been all "Jacked up on Mountian Dew!". I'm thinking of names, changes to our house, Minivans!?!  I've been staying up late at night reading up information of what to expect when you're expecting (as if I'm popping this baby out). So along with all this information comes the worst case scenarios. Thanks alot WebMD! All this resulting in freak outs on my behalf. This guy! The one whose supposed to be the rock, the cool, calm and collective one. I helped deliver a baby before and was alot calmer than this.  For ex. The other night my wife (Borat voice), had a cramp and I panicked. "How bad does it hurt?, What makes it better or worst?, Ok don't move." So I'm telling my Capt at the firehouse about all this reading and how im feeling and he gave me some great advice "Don't". As in cut back on all that reading. Not that it's nescessarily a bad thing but too much information is making my mind race. The negative info is getting processed along with the positive and all this worrying Is doing more harm than good. Let's not take the happiness out of this special time. There will be plenty of sleepless nights to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment