Sunday, March 31, 2013

Homemade Roller Coaster ; Hamster Car

Isn't this the coolest thing you've ever seen? Is that even a question? THIS IS THE COOLEST THING YOU"VE EVER SEEN! If I was only half as cool as this Dad I can guarantee my child will have the best childhood (along with a few broken bones). Just hear his baby girls voice when he ask her if she's ready to go "Yessss Sirrrrr!". If that doesn't bring a smile to your face than you have no heart.
      I have a pretty big back yard with half a playground still there from the previous owners and It's a pain in the butt to mow. Something like this just might be what I need to take up some room.
       I come from a long line of Dad's improvising fun. I remember once when I was about 10 we lived in Northern Virginia, we had a huge snowfall. Just around the corner from our house was a huge hill that was the it spot for sledding. So Mom asked Dad to buy some sleds so we could hit the Hill that evening. I was so excited! It was going to be our first time sledding there. Finally my Dad came home and I anxiously looked for the Sleds. Well my dad being the great improviser that he was MADE sleds! It was literally a Long 5x2 piece of sheet metal with two holes punched through the front end where he slipped a long piece of extension cord for us to use as a somewhat steering device. Three of them. One for each of us. I was pretty upset at first. I mean C'mon, Sheet Metal?!? The Edges were so sharp we could have probably lost an arm or seriously hurt someone as we were coming down. But it worked! Except for the occasional times when the sharp front end got caught in the ground and through us off flashing death before our eyes. We had an awesome childhood.
     
This is The Hill!!!

So lately I've been weighing my options regarding my car situation. I currently drive a half cab truck that probably wouldn't be the best for baby accessibility. Pretty much my two options are trade my truck for a newer more baby friendly vehicle once the baby is born or save up some money from now til then and try to buy an older,  more gas friendly vehicle, CASH and keep my truck. 
I'm not really decided but have been doing my research on cars. One of them is the Kia Soul. I'f you don't know which one I'm talking about its the one with the Hamsters. So I decided to go test drive one at a local Kia dealership. Once I arrived there a Salesman came out to greet me. After explaining my situation he gave me the usual run around about how I needed this car. "It's perfect for you and yo baby."Anyways, long story short, the salesman tried pushing 2013 model so I asked him if the Hamster came standard or if I needed to upgrade to a higher package Jk but I did ask him if there were any older or Pre-owned models to which he said "Oh no, you see these cars sell out quick. We don't get any of them back." Either way I wasn't ready to buy a car then, so I took some information and told him I'd come back when I was ready. But just as I was getting in my car to leave I looked up at a field above the dealership and saw an entire lot of used Kia Souls! What a Loser. Needless to say Hamster or no Hamster; I won't be going back.

No comments:

Post a Comment