Wednesday, March 20, 2013

A Green Olive



So my unborn child has grown from the size of a blueberry to the size of a green olive according to the daily update I get from a pregnancy app on my phone. Yuck! Couldn't they have found something else to compare it to? I hate olives. No amount of vodka could cover up the taste of a nasty olive. On the other hand my wife loves them so this seems to make sense. Oh well, Ill just have to rough it out til' next week when my baby takes the form of another fruit.

By the way, I forgot to mention this in my earlier post but we have a due date. October 26, 2013. Sometime when the leaves change color and the weather begins to chill we will have another little member member of our family. I can't wait!

Anytime friends were going to have a baby I always asked the dad "What are you hoping for?" and about 90% of the time the answer was "I just want a healthy baby." "Sure, whatever you say.... You can say it, you want a boy." was my response. I always thought the usual cliche answer was to cover up the real hope of a baby boy. But now that I find myself in their shoes I finally feel something that I never understood. All I want is for a healthy, beautiful child. If its a boy, Great! I'll teach him to be a gentleman. How to hold the door open for his mommy. How to play catch and instill in him a love for motorcycles and sports. But if its a Girl than thats great too! She's going to be daddy's little girl and I'm going to spoil the heck out of her. I'll play her a song on my guitar after reading her a bedtime story. She too will learn to love riding on the back of Daddy's motorcycle.

So asking for everyones opinion to wether we'll be having a boy or girl, there seems to be a general consensus that its going to be a boy. But for some strange reason I have a gut feeling that its going to be a GIRL... I have no idea where this feeling came from but its here and its convincing (and based only on nothing at all). Who knows?!? We'll technically the doctor and us too in about 2 months but until then I cant shake this feeling off. At least I know it can only be 2 things. Theres a fifty/fifty chance here. There's no Congrats Mr. Loera heres you baby Velociraptor haha

3 comments:

  1. Boy!! It'll be a boy!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm telling you!!! It's some kind if weird daddy instinct! I'm so sure I'd be willing to bet on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol actually I trust your gut/instinct more than mine! He is your son!! Oh wait, or daughter!! ;)

    ReplyDelete