Sunday, April 7, 2013

A large lime

Let me show you the ways of my people.
So the baby has now grown to the size of a large lime. Now we're talking. I can work with a limes. Cut that bad boy up and down him with a shot of tequila! (The Lime not the baby) And Just like the kick that comes after some crappy tequila this baby is taking its toll on my wife. As we near the end of the 1st trimester the morning sickness and nausea are here with a bang.

I'd also like to go back and correct an earlier post regarding pregnancy hormones. I spoke to
o soon. I have recently been the victim of Baby Momma Rage (BMR for short. I have a feeling I'm going to be referring to it a lot more in the following months). This past week on a couple occasions I have to remind myself it's not my wife talking its the baby. At least that's what she tells me when she screams.

We've been considering several baby names and have narrowed it down to a few names we love. I'm a big fan of names in Spanish and an even bigger fan of biblical names. So when we run our ideas through friends and family we get a variety of different responses from "I love it!" to " Well,I used to date a ____". We quickly realized that there will be no pleasing everyone. Any name we choose, there's going to be someone who knew somebody who had a cousin that was named so and so who killed a puppy. So at the risk of making this sound like a baby naming contest which it's not, here are the names we like the most.

For a boy we like Micah and Abel but those are not written in stone.
For a girl we like Leila and Abigail. We're more than likely going to go with those names for a girl.

This baby naming is a lot harder than I thought. A couple people have thrown ideas our way and I think to myself "Well, that's interesting but my son/daughter is going to have to go to school someday...". Lets give him or her a fighting chance at least. A friend of ours named Elizabeth was telling us how when she was in school another girl would tease her and call her "lizard breath!" Now that's sad. There's a lot of other stranger or should I say more unique names out there to make fun of,and some little girl chooses to go with Elizabeth? It's a tough world out there. Either that little girl was a psycho or my friend was in need of a Tic-tac (if lizards have bad breath, I wouldn't know). But that goes to show that we really need to think this through.

Please don't make fun of me. It's just a name!!!


2 comments:

  1. Elizabeth NiƱo-LopezApril 8, 2013 at 10:21 PM

    Yay for Leila or Abigail!!!! Lol. Um poor girl, that Elizabeth!! Haha. I'm sure she didnt have lizard breath though, not that I know her!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pobresita Right? I'm sure that other girl was just being a hater.

      Delete