Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Patience


“A man who is a master of patience is master of everything else”  George Savile


Interesting quote right? It makes a lot of sense. Patience is a virtue. One of the fruits of the spirit. Patience is a must have for parents. Now the funny thing is that I have little of it. Let me rephrase, I'm very patient with people just not with things. I ruined my first year anniversary because of lack of patience. You want to hear the story? Huh do you? Ok fine I'll tell it.

So we're coming up on our fist year anniversary. My wife and I have been throwing hints back and forth about what we would like for an anniversary gift. She's always really easy to shop for because without knowing she always let me know what she needs or points out things she likes (Now that I think of it, I might have been played). Me on the other hand am a little harder to shop for. I rarely ever talk about things I want. I just get them. Ask my wife, she needs a committee to sit down and brainstorm about what I like. 



 
Ok. Ok. Ok.....no flip flops, he doesn't like flip flops!
So around that time I had been playing lot of tennis so One day I tell my wife one day that I have to get my racquet restrung and she says "Oh, at Don's?" I kinda stopped and thought to myself, how does she know about Don's (the only tennis shop in Charlotte, good one at least)? So she pretty much let the cat out of the bag. A couple days later I'm at Don's picking up my restrung racquet when I randomly ask if there are any good deals on racquets. I found one I liked and test it for a couple of days and loved it. I went back to turn it in when Don makes me an offer I can't refuse. He shows me the racquet I want at an unbelievable price. I knew my wife was going to buy me a racquet but I had no patience. I tried calling her to tell her about the deal but she didn't answer. So I bought it. I felt that if I didn't buy it then I'd miss out on a great deal. I know that many if not all of you reading are putting your hands to your forehead and thinking what an idiot, and your right. I should have waited. Well anyways that story was just to show how little patience I have. When I want something or need something I don't hesitate to buy it. Ha, last Saturday I was mowing my lawn for the second time in a week and said an hour into it, pushing my rinkey dink mower "forget this crap, I'm going to Lowes."  And I bought a decent mower that runs up the humongous hill I have in my backyard

So that brings me to a couple days ago. My wife and I are talking about the baby and I say jokingly "Seriously, this baby needs to hurry up and get here because I'm losing my patience!" Then I started thinking what if I just randomly went out and bought a baby. Jk. But that just reflects the mood. Almost every conversation we have at home or with our family and friends somehow reverts back to the baby, so much so, that I sometimes feel the baby is coming tomorrow. Once I come back to the realization that there's still another 6 months to go, I get a little impatient. But I know theres a reason God made pregnancies 9 months long. Not only for the baby but I have to get ready too. I have to learn to be patient. 


On another note, here's a pretty cool picture we took today at a fire we were first in to. Just thought I'd share it. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment