Friday, April 19, 2013

A Peach

Look how are baby has grown! The baby is now as big as a large peach. How crazy is that! It amazes me how fast the baby is growing and I can't even see it. I was talking to a friend at work about the baby's growth and he mentioned how if I think its growing fast now, just wait until I'm holding him/her in my arms (I really think it's going to be a her). Anyways that shock and awe will come at it's own time.


We had our second sonogram last Wednesday. During the second visit the Doctor normally takes blood samples and test for several diseases and birth defects so it was pretty nerve wrecking. Fortunately everything is looking good so far. So we finally get around to the sonogram. I was excited to see how much the baby had grown and developed and I was not disappointed! The doctor zoomed in little by little to finally reveal the Baby. What a difference a few weeks can do. The baby had little arms and legs and was not happy that it was woken up. It jumped from one side to the other and all I could think of was "Parkour!"
Just like this except in a uterus.


One of the test the Doctors perform is measure the skin on the back of the neck of the baby to test for down syndrome. Don't ask me how it works but to do it the baby had to have its hands down. The Doctor wiggled the Baby for almost 10 minutes trying to get it to put its hand down. She even asked my wife cough to see if it would budge. It was so funny, almost as if the baby knew because it immediately threw BOTH hands up to it's nose kind of like saying "No pictures please!". What a little celebrity.

On another note, I'm learning more and more about pregnancy everyday. For example, how it changes a woman's taste and preferences including her favorite ice cream flavor which would have been nice to know when I was trying to calm a serious case of BMR (refer to previous post). Now,  I'm working on a theory and plan to submit it to a scientific institute for further review. Woman obviously gain weight during pregnancy. They have to! Especially when they're lugging a 12lb baby like my mom did with my "little" brother. But why do some men gain weight? Well it's all related to the woman's changes in taste of course! Let me give you an example. A few weeks ago we went to Moe's for a quick bite for dinner. I love Moe's and so does my wife so I thought. So were in line picking and choosing our toppings and fillings for our meal and then go sit down at a booth. That's when my wife looks down at her food and says "I'm sorry but this looks disgusting." She totally lost her appetite. It wasn't her, it was all part of the first tri-mester changes. Either way I felt bad, but MO' MOE'S FOR ME!!!!
He gets it
I have to admit, I've had a serious case of writers block ever since I made this blog public. I'm glad I've had great feedback but I don't know if it's that these past few weeks have been a little more uneventful and we've hit a slump or I'm trying to match or out-do the popularity of the first posts or maybe just maybe it's just all the Moe's giving me brain farts.

A peach.

No comments:

Post a Comment