Sunday, June 2, 2013

A Mango, A BOY MANGO!

So did you win? We're you right? How much money did you make? Or lose? Hopefully you played the game and are sitting on stacks at this moment because you bet right. I did not. Remember all that talk about having a baby girl? Yea I was wrong. My wife and I found out the big news this past wednesday. It all happened so fast. We literally walked in and the Ultrasound tech came in a made some small talk, Once she applied the jelly on my wife's belly in a matter of seconds she looked at my wife and said "Honey, you should've bet something because its a boy!"

Wait what?!? Can you look again and make sure? That was pretty fast. Are you sure?

Yes she was right and I was wrong. Her first declaration was later confirmed by a count of all the fingers on the baby (There were 11). There was an overflow of emotions. My wife's included. For some reason thinking about our lives a year from now, I imagined us carrying around a little girl. But like I've mentioned before this was simply a gut feeling and there were only 2 possible outcomes. My wife chose boy and I chose wrong! Either way we are more than happy. All the vital signs and growth measurements are looking healthy and where they should be. The good news is that I won't have to paint the nursery and we can now start to buy boy clothes and baby supplies.

So now that we know the baby is a boy I guess we're pretty much decided on a first name, Micah. My wife is still undecided on a middle name. To a certain point, because of my lack of interaction in the pregnancy it sometimes doesn't feel real to me. Let me explain a bit, Men obviously don't experience the same things as women (i.e Carrying the baby in their bellies). We don't go through the stages of morning sickness, nausea, frequent urination, clothes not fitting, baby bumps, baby kicks, etc. We pretty much stand aside, watch and observe, not being able to relate. Think about it. When a pregnant woman feels a baby kick or the baby pressing up against all those other organs, Will a man be able to relate? "Oh yea, I know what thats like! I remember this one time I was constipated for like a week and then I ate some taco bell and then....." Of course not. We weren't built to handle it. I talked to a couple other guys who pretty much said the same thing. The pregnancy finally hit them like a ton of bricks the day of the birth. They just recall walking into a hospital, and walking out with a baby and realizing "Wait a minute, I'm a dad!" Either way from now on we'll refer to the Baby as Micah so he can feel included.
Taco Bell, you never cease to amaze..... and give diarrhea.


 


2 comments:

  1. Elizabeth NiƱo-LopezJune 6, 2013 at 9:57 AM

    Roflol 11 fingers!! Wait I just realized something! I thought It would be a boy the whole time!! What do I win??

    ReplyDelete
  2. You get to hold the baby when it's born. Lol

    ReplyDelete