Thursday, May 16, 2013

A little vacay here, a little vacay there

Have I ever told you guys about how the wife and I never took a honeymoon?

The year was 1965....jk.

When we got engaged in August of 2009, I was in the hiring process for the Fire Department. I had no idea wether or not I was going to get hired. So when it came time to set a wedding date we chose March. Another 3 months passed by before I got a "conditional" offer of employment and it wasn't until December when I finally received a Letter telling me what recruit class I would be in. The fire academy was a 6 month school/miniature boot camp. There was no vacation that first year on the job, so when we got married, the next day all we did was just go to the Waffle House and chill the rest of the day. Romantic, right? The year after, we got so caught up with different friends and family issues and we purchased our house that we never took a belated honeymoon.

Now don't get me wrong, we've gone on small vacations. We took a trip to California in which my brother and mom decided to tag along. We've taken small weekend trips to different places with friends but we have never honestly taken a trip just the two of us to a resort or a cruise. We just never have.

Now that were having a baby I don't know if we'll ever have our Honey moon. I'm not saying it to get people to pity us. If anything it's our fault, maybe we're subconsciously sabotaging ourselves because we're scared of flying or being on a ship? Not really, just lack of planning.

We wanted to go on a big vacation before my wife got big but looking at our budget we figured it would be smarter to save for baby expenses. So what were gonna do is take smaller weekend getaways. This week were heading up to a cabin in the mountains. I good friend of mine owns a cabin in the mountains and rented it out to us for an awesome price. Hopefully next month we'll hit the beach.





No comments:

Post a Comment